Hair transplantation is when a plastic surgeon or dermatologist displaces hair in a bald head area. The surgeon typically moves the hair from the back or side of the head forward or up the head. A dermatologist in Jaipur treats hair transplants and a skin specialist.
Who might benefit from a hair transplant?
Getting a hair transplant can enhance your look and confidence. The suitable candidates for a hair transplant include:
- Men with male hair loss.
- Women with fine hair.
Any person who has lost hair due to a burn or injury to the scalp. Replacing hair is not a good option for:
- Women with a general trend of hair loss everywhere on the scalp.
- Individuals who do not have enough hair “donor” sites from which to remove hair for transplantation.
- Persons who form keloid scars (thick, fibrous scars) following injury or surgery.
- Individuals whose hair loss is caused by medications such as chemotherapy.
What happens during a hair transplant?
After carefully cleansing your scalp, a surgeon uses a small needle to numb a part of your head with local anaesthesia.
Two primary techniques are used to obtain follicles intended for transplantation: FUT and EFE. In the transplant of a follicle unit (FUT):
- The surgeon will use a scalpel to carve a band of scalp skin from the back of the head. The incision is generally a few inches long.
- This is then enclosed with stitches.
- The surgeon then separates the extracted part of the scalp into small sections using a magnifying glass and a sharp surgical knife. When implanted, these sections will help obtain natural hair growth.
In single follicle extraction (FUE), hair follicles are cut directly from the back of the head through hundreds to thousands of tiny punch inc.
- The surgeon makes tiny holes with a blade or needle in the scalp region receiving the hair graft. They put hair gently into this h.
- A surgeon can transplant hundreds or even thousands of hairs throughout a treatment session.
- Subsequently, the transplant, gauze or bandages will cover your scalp for a few days.
A hair transplant may take 4 hours or more. Your stitches will be removed approximately ten days after the operation.
You may need three or four sessions to get the full head of hair you would like. Sessions are held several months apart to allow individual transplants to heal fully.
What happens after a hair transplant?
Your scalp may be sore, and you may need to take medication after a hair graft, such as:
- Pain medication
- antibiotics to reduce your risk of becoming infected.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs keep inflammation down.
Most people may go back to work several days after the intervention. It is typical for transplanted hair to fall 2 to 3 weeks after the operation. This is replaced by new hair growth. Most people will experience new hair growth 8-12 months after the surgery.
Many physicians prescribe minoxidil (Rogaine) or finasteride hair growth drug (Propecia) to improve hair regrowth. These drugs also assist in slowing down or stopping future hair loss.
What complications do you have with a hair transplant?
The side effects of a hair graft are generally minor and disappear in a few weeks.
These may include:
- swelling of the hairline.
- Ecchymoses around the eyes.
- A scab forms in areas of the scalp where the hair has been removed or implanted.
- Numbness or absence of feeling in the treated areas of the scalp.
- inflammation or infection of hair follicles called folliculitis.
- Sudden, but primarily temporary, loss of transplanted hair.
- Tufts of hair that have an abnormal appearance.
Frequently Asked Questions on Hair Transplantation.
Is a hair transplant painful?
The good news is that a hair graft doesn’t hurt. At the time of surgery, the area of your scalp on which the surgeon will focus will be numb by a local anaesthetic, the location of your scalp on which the surgeon will focus will be cool by a local anaesthetic,
But as with most postoperative convalescence cases, you may experience discomfort or pain at the incision points as your body begins to heal and recover. Your medical team will probably talk about the best ways to manage pain and other ways to reduce the risk of harmful side effects or reactions.
Is it worth getting a hair transplant?
Hair transplantation is a good option for people who can afford the high surgery cost and have not found the success of treatments like minoxidil or Rogaine. Compare with other operations, hair transplantation is relatively low risk, but it is not without risk. There is also always the possibility that your hair can grow back minimally.
But if this procedure interests you and the potential rewards outweigh the costs and risks, think about talking to your doctor to see if this is a good option.
As shown above, A hair transplant is a process in which a dermatologist displaces hair in a bald head area. There are many types causes of done by hair transplants which might harm total. This process is conducted in Jaipur Skincity.